Fell Into Sulphuric Acid

A Narrow Escape
An accident which might have been followed by more seroius results, happened recently to Mr S R Naylor, son of Mr F W Naylor, of Hildred’s Hotel, who is employed at Mr Hall’s Drug Store in Lumley Road.
He was in the yard and was standing on a case, close by a carboy of sulphuric acid, when he slipped and his foot went through the carboy into about 2 cwt. of sulphuric acid.
The danger was instantly realised, and the boot and clothing saturated with this highly corrosive liquid were at once ripped off and soothing limiment applied.
But for his prompt action very serious injury would have been caused.
Mr Naylor is, we are glad to say, practically well again.
Source: Skegness Herald 21st June 1907

Note: Mr Stanley Naylor would have been about eighteen years old at the time of his accident.

hall_chemiost_1909

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s