Improvements in the town are being continually effected by the Earl of Scarbrough.
The latest of these are at the approach to the beach from the Lumley-road and the crossings in the streets.
At the former place, the North and South Esplanades have been connected by an excellent stone paving which will be greatly appreciated by the public.
Hitherto it was difficult, especially in wet weather, to get from one Esplanade to the other.
Several stone crossings are also being laid in the streets; a few have already been completed.
Source: Skegness Herald 19th January 1883