Accident at Skegness Eating House

Accident
On Wednesday afternoon a girl named Taylor, residing at Cow Bank, met with an accident.
While cooking some beef at Mrs Ensor’s eating-house, Lumley Road, the gravy caught fire, and while endeavouring to extinguish the flames, it splashed into her face and severely scalded her.

She was speedily attended to by Dr Bernard, under whose skilful treatment it is hoped she will soon recover.

Skegness Herald 1882

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s