This photograph shows the building presently occupied by Lloyd’s Bank on Lumley Road, at the junction with Lumley Avenue.
Lloyd’s took over The Capital and Counties Bank Ltd., pictured here around 1911, in 1918.
The Capital and Counties Bank Ltd. absorbed Garfitt’s Bank around 1891, which had opened inside the Earl of Scarbrough’s estate offices on Roman Bank ten years previously.
The photo below shows the old Lloyd’s Bank sign engraved in the stonework, before it was covered by a new plastic sign in April, 2007.
Here is Lloyd’s Bank pictured in August 2010.