Source: Skegness Herald 9th April 1897
The Herald tells us here about Mr Berry’s cycle shop in High Street. Mr Berry gave his name to the present day Berry Way, the one-way- system in Skegness.
We are also told where the Whale Museum was positioned on High Street, but, of course, it moved to the Whale Ship Eliza on the beach.
Mr Berry’s premises on High Street. Photo taken pre World war 1.
Mr WT Berry who opened a cycle depot in High Street at the commencement of last season has found it necessary to remove to larger and more commodious premises.
He has taken the large building lately occupied by the Salvation Army as their barracks, and formerly known the Whale Museum, at the west end of High Street, near the railway station.
Here he has a large number of cycles of the best makers both for sale and hire, and also bassinettes and mail carts.