Alarm of Fire

About 9 o’clock on Wednesday night a slight fire occurred in Lumley Road on the premises occupied by Robert Moore who had been polishing chairs during the evening.

It appears that the bottle of polish was near a paraffin lamp and the wind, on opening the door, blew the vapour from the polish to the lamp thus causing it to ignite.

The bottle exploded or was broken as was the lamp and both liquids ran to the carpeted floor.

The flames were extinguished by Mr A. W. Rowley before serious damage was done.

Source: Skegness Herald 1892

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s