Crispy Cod Chip Shop Fire

FIRE ripped through a Skegness fish and chip shop on Tuesday morning, causing an estimated 110,000 worth of damage.
Two fire tenders from Skegness were called to the Crispy Cod chip shop at 95 Church Road North at 11.30am after a cooking range is believed to have overheated.
Four firemen wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with two hose reels and two dry powder extinguishers and the shop and kitchen were severely smoke damaged. The range was also badly damaged by the fire.
Shop proprietor Mrs Christine Cooke was taken to Skegness Hospital where she was treated for shock and later allowed to go home.
Photo: Skegness firemen at work at the Church Road North Fish and Chip Shop on Tuesday morning.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s