This is the lifeboat station, built on the dunes at Lifeboat Avenue in 1830, after the Gibraltar Point station closed.(picture courtesy of Barry Robinson)
It fell into disrepair after a new lifeboat station was built on South Parade in 1864.
This picture was taken by Walter Smyth in 1880s when it was derelict.
The structure on the right is a lookout tower and flagpole.